The 10th Annual Open Meeting of the ECCA will be held at the SMART ASTON COURT HOTEL, MIDLAND RD, Derby DE1 2SL on Saturday 20th May 2017 at 12 noon.
The Conference Room is on the ground floor of the Hotel, tea and coffee will be available from 11:30.
All Clubs affiliated to England Athletics are eligible to send a Delegate to this meeting.
The Agenda will be as follows:
1. Apologies for absence
2. Chairman’s welcome and confirmation of the President for 2017/18 and then the Chain will be passed on to Richard Inchley, nominated by the South of England Athletic Association
3. Chairman’s report.
4. Honorary Treasurer’s report and financial statement.
5. Election of the Chairman, for a 3 year period, John Temperton has been nominated by 1 Club and 1 Area Association and is duly elected.
6(i). Election of General Committee Members, one third of the Committee is due for election. This year 5 members are up for re-election of these, nominations have been received from Clubs for Mick Robinson, Roger Everton, Les Outwin and Malcolm French and these are re-elected. New nominations have been received for Chris Stott and Tony Wood as Club representatives, they have been accepted and are duly elected.
(ii) Vacancies exist on the General Committee and nominations from the floor will be accepted.
7. Confirm the 2 nominations from each of the bodies representing Cross Country in the Midlands, North and South. These are Midlands, Peter Burns & Rita Brownlie and Northern Athletics, Steve Gaines & Arwel Williams. The South of England, Malcolm French & Graham Jessup.
8. Consider a proposal from Lincoln Wellington AC:
First claim athletes of clubs not entering teams in the National XC and/or National XC Relays may represent their respective University teams in those competitions. Such teams will not however be considered eligible to receive medals at these competitions.