The 16th Annual Open meeting will be held on Thursday 11th May 2023, at the Smart Aston Ct Hotel, Midland Rd, Derby DE1 2SL (near Derby Railway Stn). All Clubs affiliated to England Athletics for cross country running are eligible to attend and vote. The meeting will start at 11.00am.
The Annual Open Meeting is empowered:
* To elect Officers.
* To elect up to 6 members of the General Committee, note although the General Committee consists of up to 18 members, at least 1/3 of the Committee is up for election each year.
* To receive the current financial statement.
* To appoint auditors.
* To consider any proposed changes to the Constitution.
* To consider any other matters of which due notice has been given.
The Officers will be elected for a three-year term of office with one Officer retiring each year.
The current Officers are:
* Honorary Secretary Ian Byett
* Honorary Treasurer Richard Inchley
* Chairman John Temperton
The Chairman will stand down this year and offer himself for re-election.
Nominations for places on the General Committee and/or Chairman will be accepted in writing or by personal e-mail and any other Proposals for business to be conducted must be received by the Hon Sec by Thursday 13th April. Each affiliated organisation to England Athletics is entitled to one vote at the Annual Open meeting, no postal votes or proxies are permitted with the terms of the constitution. Details of the Agenda will be available by 20 st April.
English Cross Country Association